System: Nintendo DS
Multiplayer: 1-8 (4 online)
Saving: Cart Save
14 Nov, 2005
15 Nov, 2005
17 Nov, 2005
25 Nov, 2005
8 Dec, 2005
Mario Kart DS has been one of the most anticipated games. It includes the original tracks from all older versions, Super, 64, Super Circuit and Double Dash!!
Mario Kart DS also has its own magical tracks, which all have their own unique touches. In total there are 32 courses to play and all are a blast to play on. Lets not forget the multiplayer mode. The battle mode includes Shine Runners (from Double Dash!!) and the original Balloon Battle, however with a different game plan as users can blow into the microphone to blow up the ballons.
With WiFi capability players can now play against three other players around the globe, and gain points for their wins. Each player has their own decal, which is used on their kart. The kart can be designed on the touch screen and adds an extra element of personality to the game.
Did You Know?
- Mario Kart DS has WiFi capability
- Expert Mario Kart DS hackers have been able to play the unincluded courses from the game on WiFi; however these big courses do cause lag for many players.
- R.O.B stands for Robotic Operating Buddy and was an accessory used for the NES
- This game was originally planned to be released alongside the DS, however the developers felt that their were more refinements needed to be made on the game
- The B Dasher is one of Mario’s karts and was derived from a hit single composed by The Tongari Kids, titled “B-dash,” which was inspired by the NES best-seller “Super Mario Bros.” The song title itself is inspired by the fact that one had to press the B button on the NES’ controller to make Mario dash.
- When the game is started Mario yells “Yahoo!” when the game is inserted into a standard DS. However on the DS Lite (Version 5) Mario yells “Here We Go!” instead. Click here to view it in action.
- When playing on WiFi player’s have different colours on their HUD, which depends on their region: Red for Japan, blue for North America and green for Europe.
- You can view your skill level by going here: http://marthx.mmii.info/.