System: Nintendo 3DS
Multiplayer: 1-8 (8 online)
2 Dec 2011
4 Dec, 2011
7 Dec, 2011
Mario Kart 7 brings a wealth of new features to the franchise to refresh the series, including new courses, new abilities, new items, new characters, new ways to control and extensive customisation of karts.
- New kart abilities allow characters to glide on big jumps discovering track shortcuts and to open a propeller when underwater to help karts cruise across the sea floor.
- Extensive customisation of vehicles; allowing the player to cater their kart by appearance or to help them through the current set of courses.
- Players can choose to race as a character from the Mario series or as their Mii.
- Players will experience new heights and depths, since they can glide and cruise on the sea floor. Classic courses have been reinvented with these new additions in mind.
- SpotPass and StreetPass allows players to exchange ghost data with others.
- Local play and online play allowing up to 8 players.
- A cockpit view allows the player to drive their kart in first person view, by using the Nintendo 3DS’ gyro controls.